Reserve your Spot!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Coding Competition?
August 5, 8 AM to August 6,10 PM
Who can participate in the competition?
- The event is open to all age groups, teams ranging from 2 to 6 members. All members must be registered. For those under the age of 18, they must have a parental release to participate.
- Competition Groups
- 3rd to 8th Grade
- 9th to 12th Grade
What is the process during the competition?
- Competition pre-registration is open March 16 through July 10th at Tech-Prize.org
- Event Day site registration is open from 7 to 8 am on August 5th at the Gateway Technical College, IT Center of Excellence, Technical Building, 3rd Floor, 1001 Main Street Racine, WI
- This is a 36-hour competition that will run from 8am, August 5th, continuously through 8 pm, August 6th.
- All persons under the age of 18 will have to stop work at 10 pm and return in the morning at 7 am to resume coding.
- Competitors will be able to utilize gaming systems located on the floor to relax.
- Presentation and judging will occur at Gateway’s Conference Center August 6, starting at 8 PM. Awards will be presented upon completion. We would like all award winners to come to the awards ceremony on Sunday, August 9th.
What skill level do you need to participate
If you can play any board or computer game we will teach you to code.
How will the judging work?
- Team to identify problem to solve SMART City Initiatives (Above) – 10 percent
- Team to define the problem to solve (Story Book) – 15 percent
- Team to create working Demo – 50 percent
- Team to document marketing viability (Value) – 15 percent
- Team presentation to judges and public – 10 percent
Want to help?
We are loooking for Mentors and coaches to participate throughout the competition (those present are encouraged to help all competitors)